- To relatives, often the next generation.
- To existing employees.
- To an outside buyer.
While attorneys and accountants have a role in these transitions, a much broader perspective is needed to make sure all options are considered and addressed properly. For example:
- Is your asking price a fair price?
- Is your buyer qualified to run the business successfully?
- Have the interests of all stakeholders, including family and employees, been properly considered?
- If selling to family members, have you properly addressed business issues? Have you clarified the separation needed between the business and family members not involved in the business?
We can help you address these issues and many other issues that less experienced professionals are not qualified to assist you with.